I recently read about an interesting working family concept by Third Door – a company that’s about to launch it’s first co-working office and playspace that will have an office including meeting room, communal social area, and an Ofsted registered crèche for pre-school children. Personally, I think concepts like this are the way forward. I was only walking by an empty office space on my high street the other day thinking that smart councils and businesses with empty spaces should create communal working spaces so it’ll be great to see how Third Door do.
Whether it’s to mix with likeminded people from various backgrounds, to removing the lonely feeling that can sometimes come from working solo, to having your kids close by while you work, but still actually being able to work, I think we will see more concepts like this. It will also be interesting to see how costs stack up although if you already spend money on childcare this could be a natural extension.
Their site is about to be launched and the first one is being set up in Wandsworth and being launched May 5th, with more to follow and they’ve got a competition to win free membership along with 30 hours of free workspace/childcare, a laptop, and more goodies worth £4K.
If you know of any other similar services, we’d love to hear about them!
- I'm Natalie and I blog for a living. I'm a dating and relationships writer and coolhunter. This is my 'journal' of what I get up to, the occasional rant, tips and inspiration, plus things I love that you may find useful or just plain lovable too.
- Tired Of Facebook & Their Crazy-Making: The Promote Numbers Just Don’t Make Sense
- Shady Relationships: Facebook & The Case Of The ‘Missing’ Likers & Promoted Posts
- (Mostly Annoying) Things I’ve Learned This Week #1
- How I Shaved Thousands Off My Inbox Each Month
- 7 Years Blogging – Thoughts on the I Don’t Give an Eff principle & more